Lower Extremity Fracture Management System
Design a comprehensive system of ankle and distal tibia plates and instruments for a leading orthopedic company wishing to expand into the plate and screw market and leverage their soft tissue management products.
- Designed 5 families of low profile, anatomic ankle and tibia plates with translucent, low profile aiming guides. Surgeon feedback on these implants continues to be great with exceptional patient outcomes.
- Designed 9 families of low profile cortex, cancellous and locking screws.
- Designed a cannulated screw system that by itself, rivals competitive systems.
- Redesigned a Torx screw drive mechanism for enhanced function and ease of manufacturing & inspection.
- Designed a low profile depth gauge calibrated to all 9 screws in the system.
- Designed drill bits, thread taps, drill guides and countersinks.
- Trained sales consultants and surgeons.
- Developed new inspection and gauging methods.
- Dramatically reduced time to market and increased revenue by $30M
- Increased market share and leveraged existing soft tissue products.
- Turned a soft tissue OEM into a major hardware player with a game-changing system.
- Trained and developed expertise of engineers and project teams to continue expanding market share.